Since moving, I've been pretty busy getting situated and familiar with our new surroundings. In short, here's what's been going on in my neck of the woods (literally):
* Drove 6 days cross country with 2 kids, and 2 pets in my car. Needless to say, longest drive EVER!
* Fell in love with our home. I saw it online from our realtor but the pictures didn't give it justice-GORGEOUS!
* Began homeschooling my kids to avoid possible future social meltdowns.
* Realized that one on one attention with schooling, my kids are straight A students.
* Go on weekly dates with my true love to keep in tune with each other now that things have dramatically changed.
* Met amazing people in my ward who we socialize at least once a week.
* Found ALL my favorite shopping stores including Kirkland's and Hobby Lobby! SCORE!!!!
* Went to Duke University and University of North Carolina. As with tradition, we all got logo clothing. We have an awesome collection.
* Took the kids to the Fort Bragg Fair with our neighbors from church. Although the kids rode every ride, the continuous circular motion of each one made them nauseated by the night's end.
* Became OBSESSED with Glee! Totally dig the singing, dancing, and teenage dilemmas (with a few exceptions).
* Got my craft/salon room back and have put it to major use. So much I've wanted to do and now I'm making up for lost time.
I'm sure I'm missing a few things but that's the basics for now. I'll post some projects I've done and pics of my kids soon. Hopefully.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds like things are working out well for you and your family, that's good to hear. I can't wait to see lots of pics.
So glad to hear from you and that you are getting settled in and enjoying life. I will be waiting for more updates!!
Post a Comment