Monday, May 30, 2011

Bon Appétit

A couple of weeks ago, I decided that since we don't have a Cafe Rio here, we'd make it ourselves.  I searched the web and found tons of recipes.  I decided to go with the chicken recipe since that seems to be the meat of choice lately.  The kids and I followed the recipe and to my satisfaction, we nailed it!  It was extremely tender and tasted just as good as Cafe Rio.  The only problem was that we made a ton so for an entire week, that's all we ate.  The bonus was 1. I didn't have to cook anything and 2. we got created of how we ate it.  You can make a chicken taco, salad, burrito, and quesadilla.  To my surprise, the quesadilla was my absolute favorite and the best part was that my wonderful, sweet, amazing husband made it for me.  I tried to make one for Alex but was no where near as good as Brad's.  Who knew he was Chef Borar-Brad!  Oh, my man of hidden talents!
See the stringy cheese?  I couldn't wait so I already devoured a section! YUMMY!!

No comments: