Saturday, May 21, 2011

Reevaluate & Reflect

Since I've been actively paying attention to my blog, I noticed that I had all these links for blogs I'm addicted to and none of my kids {I'm such a great mom}. So, I've decided to delete all of those and display what really matters.  I've been taking pics of the kids for family so I thought I'd showcase my work.  Not only am I talking about taking the pics myself {professional photos cost serious $} but of my beautiful kids.  Everyone is biased in their opinions of how amazing and gorgeous their kids are and I am no exception.

Unlike most of you, I have maybe 3 or 4 years left with my kids before they go on to college {and Utah is their obvious choice}.  I'm already feeling separation anxiety and find myself frequently engulfed in tears at the thought of not being with them for much longer.  Yes, they still drive me batty & push my buttons beyond belief but a world away from them is hard to conceive.  Just typing this brings sadness to my heart.  I try to let them know how much I love them and what a privilege it is to be their mother.  They make me smile and remind me of all the blessings in my life.  They really are my best friends. They know EVERYTHING about me and love me anyway {ha, ha}.  We laugh together, cry together, and love each other for who we truly are.  We help each other when life throws us a curve ball {which is quite often} and lean on one another through thick and thin.  I know they'll always be my children and I pray that their future will bring nothing but blessings and happiness.

As of late, Erika has been talking about attending college wherever I am and staying with me.  I would LOVE for her to be with me so I can still be a part of her life and have just a few more precious moments with her.  Alex has mentioned this from time to time but realizes that he'll be away anyway to serve a mission.  No matter what his situation, I'll take it!

I'm not sure what the Lord has in store for our future but I hope it allows me to be with my children just a little while longer.  I love you Erika-Lynn and Alexander.  Thank you for always being my best friends.

No comments: