Monday, May 16, 2011

Menu Board

On my favorite website www.brownpaper--packages.com, she made a tutorial on how to make a picture frame into a chalkboard.  You can use any size frame for whatever you need it for.  I couldn't resist any longer so as soon as I was settled in my house, I got straight to work.    I painted and sanded the frame to give it the "rustic" look and glued magnets on the back to mount on the fridge.  I used my Cricut Expressions machine {my pride and joy} for my lettering.  I write what we'll have for dinner and the ingredients needed so I can inventory what I have and don't have-makes it easier to know what I need to get.  My advice to you would be to let the chalkboard paint dry on the glass in a box or something contained to prevent lint from sticking to the surface.  I found the chalk and eraser magnet caddy at Walmart for around $3.



{Note:  That night was "clean out the fridge night" for dinner-I'm really not that lazy.}

2 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

UMM love your projects and will be doing them myself!!! Also, you never fail at cracking me up! Miss your face!!

Marie Rose said...

i love your stinking face! If we could combine our crafting powers we would be unstoppable...Hutchiby Crafts will rule the world!