Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend

Saturday night was so much more fun than I anticipated. There ended up being 6 total and we started our evening at the Mexican restaurant at the Cannery. We had so much fun chatting and laughing, exchanging stories about all sorts of stuff. The food was good and it wasn't too crowded. We decided to get fried ice cream for dessert (never tried before but a huge fan now) and when they brought it out, 2 sombreros were placed on my and another Katie's (her birthday was Saturday) head. The staff started singing happy birthday to us. We were surprised and excited all at the same time. Back in Utah, I would get tiara's from my girlfriends every birthday but I must say, the sombrero totally rocked! Our other girlfriends said they didn't tell the staff but I know one of them had to squeal!

We went to the theater down the hall to watch "The Women" and it was great. I was laughing so hard at a few parts that it brought tears to my eyes. It was a great movie because it portrayed real life. The bond between the friends are ones each of us need to get through the good days and the bad. It made it all worth while to be there with my friends who make living here a blessing instead of a curse.

Sunday we went to church and it was nice to see a friend that I'm in the library with because we've been taking turns going out of town all summer. Brad stayed home with Alex because he had caught the cold bug going around here. It was awesome to come home and not have to prepare dinner. Brad and Alex surprised us with everything set out and the table set. I was so touched because that's twice Brad's taken over on Sunday dinner. I hope it continues!

Our night was spent getting ready for Monday but we decided to add some flare to the day and take our kids down before bed! Lately they try to get a rise out of us for fun but can't handle to aftermath. I totally whooped on Alex twisting him into a pretzel (it's all due to watching UFC and taking mental notes). Brad, unfortunately, was challenged by Erika. The bigger she gets, the stronger she is and Brad's toe suffered the consequence. It bend back and started bleeding so that put an end to the match. I love my family and enjoy every minute I can. Since we are seperated quite often it seems due to Brad's job, I welcome any activity that brings my family closer together, even if it involves a little wrestling match!












1 comment:

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

Ha ha you guys are too cute i love that you guys wrestled! Cute sombrero too woo woo HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!