Last night I had church volleyball. I wore my homemade red shirt that says "Hot Mama" on the front and "Whitby Mom" on the back. I also added wrist bands to my outfit and it was a hit!
It started a couple of weeks ago when volleyball first started. Erika plays for the young women and I play with the sisters. When I went to watch Erika, a friend of mine with 3 of her 5 girls playing as well was there. We were chatting and hootin' and hollerin' while our girls played. Our girls made the mistake in telling us to stop embarrassing them and that was the kiss of death! We started talking about what to do to continue the evil eyes and constant "Mom, knock it off!" yells from our daughters. I'm not sure how we came up with it but the red shirts with the "Hot Mama" logo stuck. I went to Walmart on Monday and bought the iron-on letters and went to town. I even found a jeweled iron-on cherry decal to add some "bling". My friends loved it! I wore the wrist bands as a suggestion from another friend and next week I plan to add the headband to go with. Erika tells me that she's not embarrassed any more but I know it's still there. She doesn't exactly stand by me the whole time. You gotta love getting a rise out of teenagers!
Today is just another day. I have a couple of clients and then the long anticipated wait until tomorrow night with the girls. We've mustered up 9 women so far which is the biggest girls night ever! I feel sorry for the restaurant we choose on Saturday to handle a bunch of Mormon women out on the town away from kids and husbands! It's good to let go every now and then to remind us of who we are as women and individuals. I have some amazing friends here and like living in the "Sin City" for that reason alone.
2016
10 years ago
2 comments:
You are my hero and everything I aspire to be. I seriously might consider going to volleyball next week and be the Utah chapter of Hot Mamma!! We could play with serious pride!
Hey Katie I found your blog off of Ty and Chels's blog. I'm so glad you have a blog so now we can keep up on you!! You should check out ours we love you guys :-)
Post a Comment