Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gladiators

Soccer season has officially started. This Saturday, the kids participated in their first soccer game of the season. They play on base and are finally on the same team (last year it was crazy driving everyday for different practices). There team name is "Gladiators" and I forgot how fun it was to watch them play.

Alex played very well the first half and scored a goal. He passed when necessary and dribbled the ball with amazing control. Unfortunately, he's been having trouble with his heal and had to sit out the second half.

Erika did well. She is so funny when she plays because she is just raging with anger and determination. She was throwing in the ball from the side lines and we actually heard her grunt.
She is the tallest and strongest on the team and she knows it.

We lost the game but enjoyed every minute. Their next game is on Wednesday and I hope the team get the feel for each other and have a victory.



3 comments:

Natalie Hutchison Belnap said...

Oh how we all miss you guys back home! I will be in Vegas in Feb job searching and we MUST get together. Dean and Judy came by our house sunday and we all had a good chat and I told her I would need your contact info so when I am in town I can come visit. Hope all is well. Love ya all.

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

They play on a co-ed team how fun for them to get to play together!! I can totally see Erika grunting as she throws in the ball ha ha i love it!! Poor Alex i hope his heel gets feeling better so he can get some more action next game!!

Lindsey said...

Umm, hello I didn't know you had a blog, I totally stumbled on Nena's and then yours. What fun!!

clbarlowfamily.blogspot.com