Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Security

Yesterday after I came home from visiting teaching, I saw 2 cop cars parked in front of the house on the right of us. I went in to say hello to the family and told Brad about the cars. We went outside and a neighbor came over to chat. Apparently, one house over on the right was broke into sometime after 3pm. The robbers kicked the front door open. This is the second break-in that the front door was kicked wide open in a month. The previous break-in was the house next door to us on the left. The cops believe that its kids associated to a home down the street. There has been numerous incidents with the occupants of the home that the police were called out to handle.

In Vegas, its normal to have low income families living throughout neighborhoods in homes worth $200,000 or more. It helps the investors that own the property get tax breaks at the end of the year. Unfortunately, the neighbors of these people suffer the consequence in more ways than one. I understand that some people need more help than others because I use to be one of them. But, keeping the value and reputation high on each housing community is hard when you're constantly calling police for noise, violence, etc.

I called a security company this morning to get information and I think that's the way we'll go. I'm a little paranoid to be running errands not knowing if our home is going to be the next target. I'm gonna have to have more faith that we'll be protected but remember that items are replaceable, people are not.

3 comments:

Marie Rose said...

scary! I'm always paranoid someone is going to try breaking into my house when I'm home thinking I'm not there...my husband says I'm crazy but whatever. Well, get a security system fast!

nena said...

It is horrible having someone break into your house. That is what happened to us, someone kicked the door in sometime between noon and 3. I guess this would be the first time I was thankful that we are poor and don't have anything because they had nothing to take. I think the alarm will work great. I think the sign alone scares them away.

The Wilson Family said...

How scary especially with kids!! Dang kids these days!! (Wait do I sound like an old cat lady?)