Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Delayed Update

Hello fellow bloggers. Here's just some of the things that has been going on in my life as of late:

* Changed my schedule at work to accomodate the kids through summer. I only work Monday
& Tuesday from 9-6pm.

* Painted my bathroom with my kids and it looks fabulous.

* Completed my salon in the bonus room and it is an absolute dream!

* Sick of being separated from Brad. We've been apart since November 15th and are able to see each other on average about once a month for 2 days at a time. He'll return to me for good in 54 days!

* Trying to build a better relationship with my children. We see an amazing counsellor to help us cope with each other through their teenage years.

* Fell down the last flight of stairs in my home in the middle of the night while letting my dog out. Had xrays and was informed that my lower spine has shifted dramatically towards my tailbone instead of straight. Awaiting an MRI to determine whether back surgery is a must.

* Praying that Brad gets offered a job soon. Several prospects but applying and waiting for civil service jobs takes forever! Applied for jobs from east coast to overseas. I don't care where we end up as long as it's together.

* Still love our dream house. The lake has risen dramatically in the last few weeks due to the rain (YAY!) It has exceeded our property line so I can now say we own part of the lake.

* It snowed 2 days ago for a short while. While everyone was pissed about it, I loved every flake that fell!

* Miss my Vegas friends more everyday. I have my girlfriends here but it's not the same. Maybe because all I had was y'all as my family so to speak. Y'all ROCK!

* Hope that no one has forgotten me even though I have been "blog negligent". I will try harder to keep y'all informed.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to being home and I know a big part of that is because the love of my life isn't with me. I have faith that things will work out but it doesn't make it any less easier. On a good note (I think), I'm financially smarter and becoming independent enough to take care of life while Brad's away. Things happen for a reason and I do my best to stay open minded for whatever may come.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I almost fell off my chair when I saw an update. I have been worried about you and have been wondering what in the world happened to you. I am glad to hear that you are still alive and that things are going well. Hang in there!!

Unguren said...

Glad to hear that you are good. Well, except for the back thing.:( That doesn't sound fun at all.

It is nice to know that someone is enjoying the weather here. I am not.

The Ashby Family said...

I wondered if all those stairs would get to you, although I thought it would be by loosing weight not breaking your back! Take care and keep us in the loop!

Kati said...

It's good to hear from you again. I've also been thinking about you lately, wondering how things are going...and yes, we all miss you too! I hope things go well with your back, and keep us posted on your goings on.

Marie Rose said...

I have yet to see this dream house of yours...in fact, I haven't seen you in forever?! What's the deal? Well, I'm sorry you feel down the stairs. I hope you don't need surgery...Marcia feel down the stairs just a few days ago (but she's 9 months pregnant)...luckily just a bruised ego was all the resulted...glad you're back in the blogging world!