Caution: Those with a weak stomach, I highly suggest you do not read my post.
For those who may not know what a sump pump is, its a pump in a tank the grinds up waste (pumped into the tank) used in the home and pumps it upward towards the sewer line. Because my home is lower than the main sewer line, we have such pump. The down side-if something clogs up the pipes or if your pump is faulty, it will result in poo water spilling out of the drain if the sump pump tank is full. Welcome to my poo nightmare.
This happened a few months ago. Something got stuck in one of the pipes and poo water spilled on my basement floor. Although it wasn't much, it was disgusting none the less. Alex and I were scrubbing the floor and needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper. Not to mention that my husband was in Vegas during this incident. I called a plumber and 24 hours later, the problem was resolved.
Two weeks ago when Brad came down, the same issue happened and once again, a plumber was called and after snaking 30 ft of metal coil up into the pipes, crisis was, yet again, resolved.
Now that brings us to Memorial weekend and yes, Brad is here once again because I wasn't able to go to Vegas because of my fall. Third time isn't always a charm. The SAME problem (so we thought) occurred and we called the plumber again. After doing the same procedure, it was good to go. The only problem with this episode was that 2 hours after the plumber left, and keeping close eye on the sump pump after using any water in the house, we were ALMOST faced with the same outcome (poo water clean up, aisle-ground level). Luckily we caught it on time and shut down any water running or going to be used. We took the kids to my parents, rented a rooter router from Home Depot, and mimicked what the plumber has done twice before.
The good news is that we didn't have to scrub any poo water and found no clog in the pipes. The bad news, we are having to replace the sump pump which won't be available until Tuesday and may cost a small fortune (thank goodness for savings). Since Brad has arrived on Friday, we haven't and aren't able to sleep at home until Tuesday night, at the earliest. We've been staying at my in-laws home since they're out of town and will reside with mother tonight until Tuesday. Bradley leaves tomorrow and hasn't even been able to relax in his own home.
I understand things go wrong with homes and yes, this is still my dream house. I just never expected that dealing with sump pumps and poo water would be a trial I thought I'd ever have to face. The Lord works in mysterious ways and if I've learned anything from this unexpected and surprising ordeal, is that faith, patience, resourcefulness, and really good bleach cleaner will always get me through any situation.
2016
10 years ago
2 comments:
Oh man girl!! That is NOT FUN!!! The same thing has happened to my parents house before and they have had to replace their pump too! (not to mention carpet and some other flooring in their downstairs bathroom!) BLAH!!! And yes... bleach and all those other things can make life better!!!
So good to read your blog again!!! We've missed you!
Ewww. Poo water. That can't be good. I am sure all you wanted to do after cleaning it up was take a shower...and yet you cant, because of the pump issues. Sad.
Post a Comment