On Saturday, I had the privilege of going to dinner and then to the Relief Society General Conference. I shared this special event with my sister-in-laws Jenny and Chelsea, my mother-in-law Judy, Grandma Baddley, Aunt Becky , cousin Kelsie, and sweet angel baby Payton. These women are amazing and I couldn't find any others I'd enjoy spending such a spiritual evening with.
We first went to Wingers, which has been the restaurant of choice for this particular event. Not only did I eat yummy dinner, but we indulged ourselves in Asphalt Pie (and yes Kati and Lindsey, I thought of you on every bite). After, we went to Judy's stake to watch the broadcast.
I don't share a lot of my spiritual insights but I feel this is one worth mentioning. I instantly felt a peace with the wonderful words from our Relief Society General Presidency. These women are amazing in the love, support, and care to each individual woman in the church. In my time of uncertainty with my family's future, I felt that things will work out and the Lord's hand will guide us to where we need to be. Although I know I'll have hard times, the comfort of my faith will guide me to see the bigger picture. During the broadcast, I was reassured that the Lord does love me and is always there for me no matter my situation.
I anticipate the spiritual guidance I will soon receive from General Conference this coming weekend and hope that I can strive to do as my Heavenly Father expects of me.



4 comments:
Oh man, asphalt pie- just keep rubbing it in. Maybe I will have to take a trip just to get some!!! Everything is going to work out for you guys, just takes so much patience and hanging on, huh?!
Ooooh, Winger's is so yummy! I really wish they'd get one here. Josh took the boys there on Saturday too while he was in St. George...I missed out big time!
Hang in there and everything will work out. It's just too bad it doesn't happen when and how we want it.
I love Wingers. I remember the days when we lived up there, we almost always got a free asphalt pie when we'd go... it was awesome! I'm gonna have to go again next time we are up in UT!
I wish I could have been there with all of you. I thought of all of you the whole night I was at the broadcast. I think I will have to go to Winger's next time I am in town.
Post a Comment