Since Brad and I are currently unemployed, we have been doing work for our families at their rentals, homes, etc. I mentioned in an earlier post that it is a full time job and boy, I wasn't lying. We get up everyday with a list of jobs needed by various family members. Although we greatly appreciate them for keeping us busy, it is some serious hard work. I refer to it as "Man Work" because I sweat, smell, and I'm utterly beat by the time the day is over. I think I will add these new skills to my resume:
* Mowing lawns
* Removing wallpaper (our current job that I'm taking a break from to blog)
* Trimming trees and bushes
* Lifting heavy objects such as railroad ties that total 940 lbs.
* Frequent dump trips that I've never seen another woman every time I've gone, by the way
* Painting fences (yes, that's Daniel-son from the original "Karate Kid". I wish all my skills also taught me self defense. Maybe my brother can be my Mr. Miyagi-hmmm.... )
* Interior painting
*Picked up and moved a shed.
I don't know if these are qualified skills but they are definitely not prissy jobs to say the least. Brads swares that one day I'll look back on this and think it was great-I don't think so! Even though Brad LOVES me when I assist in these "man" chores, I can't help but wish I was shopping in Old Navy or Target doing my girlie thing.
P.S. I truly and sincerely thank our family members to help us out and pay us more than we're worth. Having two teenagers is certainly not cheap.
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
that is man work. Les tries to get me to go mow lawns with him and I tell him my hand are "delicate" so I can't...good luck!!
I loved this post. So funny it made me laugh. It is amazing what things we are willing to do to feed our families.
Post a Comment