Monday, October 26, 2009

The Impulse Buys Really Pay Off


A while ago while shopping for some camping supplies, I came across a solar shower. It hangs from a tree limb and the sun heats the water all day. When you're ready to shower, just turn the lever and out comes warm water in the outdoors. Of course I made Brad get it but since living in the dessert, it hasn't been much use (by much I mean not at all).

Well, on Saturday I took a cold shower. I yelled to Brad to go check the water heater. Come to find out, the pilot light wouldn't stay lit and there was not going to be any hot water in my house without professional help. We called and our "couple of hours" wait time became Sunday morning.

Using my Magyver skills, we retrieved the camping shower (we had already packed it) and using a flexible cutting board (thanks Judy), funneled it into the shower spout and poured in heated water. Needless to say, it worked like a charm! Even though we had to kneel down so the hose wouldn't kink, we were able to take a warm shower and make it to church. Sometimes I even amaze myself with what I come up with in my family's time of need.

3 comments:

The Ashby Family said...

Was it easy to find amongst that pile of boxes? That was GENIOUS! I think I would have suffered through a cold shower again.

Chels said...

Hilarious, clever, and creative. All the things I love about you!

Unguren said...

What a funny thing to buy. But look how handy it came in! So creative.