Monday, January 26, 2009

Finance Guru


Okay, so I'm not really a guru when it comes to finances but I must admit that I am (for the most part) in my family. For awhile, Brad's been having me do the budget and pay bills. He says he's preparing me for when he's deployed or on TDY for long periods of time. Every payday, I dispersed the funds to the appropriate accounts and bills. In the last few weeks, he's even had to ask about money in a few accounts.

Last night (with a little guidance), I did our taxes! Talk about a sense of accomplishment! I was so excited that I am responsible for handling the most overworked, stressed out financial requirement of the year. I must have crossed all my t's and dotted all my i's correctly because this morning I received the email that the government accepted my refund. We should get paid by February 6th but it's all going to braces for the kids. At least I know that it's over and done with thanks to me (& maybe a little to Brad).


P.S. What's ironic about this whole finance thing is that even though I took a finance class in college, I cried so much and lost many hours of sleep because I was oblivious to the money world. Rock on ME!

4 comments:

Marie Rose said...

Way to go Katie! I'm proud of you. I handle the finances in my marriage because if Les was in charge we would be out on the streets! He can't ever remember to pay bills. I don't know how he survived before I came along. So you can totally be in the Hutchison gang. I'll have to ask Les to make up your gansta name because he's in charge of naming everyone (it's his and Tracy's "thing") but you totally fit the requirements to be in it. As for Tyson....LONG story. I don't think I have enough space on her to fill you in with all the details...maybe I'll just post about it!

Kati said...

I've always handled the finances and taxes in our house beacuse I worked for a credit union when we got married so Josh thought I would be more responsible, sometimes I wish he would do it!

Unguren said...

Good job! What a fun day to get your tax return on. Happy Birthday to me and happy money in the bank to you!

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

Cute new background i love it!! you guys have been very busy congrats on doing the taxes i still have to have my dad help me do mine!!