It seems like a lot is happening in my family in 2009 with the kids back in school and Brad working like a mad man.
Erika and Alex started the week with getting back on track with homework and projects. They are continuing "Compass Learning" after school to better understand each subject. Although I love that they are getting free after school tutoring (kinda), they come home later which puts off chores and other activities.
Brad is back in the "over worked" saddle at work. He's in charge of the vehicle operations on the base and the boss of about 130 young and dumb airmen. If they aren't getting arrested on the strip, they're screwing up at work which never ends in a good day. On an awesome note, he's been elected the "Young CGO (Company Grade Officer-officers from 2nd LT to Captain) Officer of the Year for the entire base! He doesn't feel like he deserves it since he hasn't been deployed yet but it's about how you are in you job as a leader and what you continually strive to do to improve your position. He's worked very hard the past year and a half since we've moved here and I couldn't be more proud. There may be a small ceremony of some kind but we're not sure since this is his first time.
I'm been doing a lot of clients this week while trying to feel better. Alex brought home a cold from Utah and has passed it to every one of us-aren't we lucky. I hate having one nostril clogged and breathing through my mouth when I sleep. It's so annoying.
This year has begun very quick but at least we're together. Who knows how long it'll last with Brad possibly leaving in the near future.
2016
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment