This season Brad is pulling out all the charm that I fell in love with 5 years ago. Last night after he came home from work, he said he had another surprise for me. I was totally excited because I spent all day shopping and baking homemade
Oreo's for 2o troops in Brad's flight that are deployed during the holiday (we mail each troop a box of goodies from the squadron). He made me close my eyes and led me to the garage (I asked if it was a Toyota Camry but he just laughed which gave me my answer). When I opened my eyes, there was a beautiful, wonderful smelling, real Christmas tree. It was amazing! He got it for free from who knows and brought it home to cheer me up. It totally worked! I went with my favorite decorator and friend, Tricia, to Michael's (I love that store) and got all my decorations. My tree is the most beautiful I've ever seen (maybe I'm a little biased but who cares, it's my "surprise" tree).
We usually just put up a little artificial tree since we go home every year but I've always said that I'd like to have the real thing. We always had a real tree growing up and I remember the smell that reminded me of the season. My husband never ceases to amaze me and that is why I love him so!

Not all the presents are under the tree
because my little maggots are sneaky!
2 comments:
Way Cute! Love the big flowers.
Real trees are lovely! I love the smell. We always had one growing up too. It is a shame that our kids are going to think that Christmas trees come from a box that we store in the garage when it is not Christmas.
That was such a nice thing to do. I am sure that he got brownie points for that.
Post a Comment