Originally, we weren't planning on going back until Christmas (if Brad wasn't deployed yet) but as always, change of plans. Brad has been having problems with his hamstrings which is preventing him from running (in the Air Force that's not an option). He went to a doctor on base awhile ago but he didn't know left from right. He didn't even touch Brad and get an idea of the problem. He just sent Brad to physical therapy which he's been doing for the last few months. There's a doctor in Salt Lake that Brad's gone to since his athletic days in high school. Since it's a holiday weekend, Brad jumped on the opportunity to make an appointment and today has finally come!
I love going home. I love the cold weather that makes you want to snuggle (which is finally here in sin city but not quite the same). I love Sundays back home because we go to church and have family dinner together (with those who are still there). I go to my mom's and she treats me like her little girl and makes me (almost) anything I want. I go see my brother at the mall and get yummy smoothies at his shop. I see my niece and nephews and find out what's going on in their lives (because there's no way they'd call just to chat). I do my sister-in-law's hair and we tell each other how stupid we are and chit chat. I go to my old salon and see the best friends anyone would be lucky to have. With all these wonderful things, who wouldn't want to go home and visit?
I very much enjoy living away from home because it gives my family a chance to depend on each other more. We are closer than ever and I wouldn't change that for anything. We are sharing new experiences that otherwise wouldn't be an option if we were still at home. But, going home to visit holds a special place in my heart. I appreciate all the things we don't have here (snow, family dinners, NORMAL people). I know it won't always be so close (6 hours away) but while it is, I'm all over it!
Utah mountains

My parents live here

Salt Lake Temple during Christmas
1 comment:
Have fun in Utah! It looks as though your kids have their work cut out for them. However they do get some money so I am sure they are not complaining.
Post a Comment