There Tricia and I are walking at 6am. We're chatting about life, kids, you name it. Near the last stretch of our walk, Tricia spots a young man with no jacket and no shoes walking towards us (not to mention that he wreaks of alcohol). As he approaches, he slows down and begins to ask us directions to Nellis AFB. We are baffled and kinda look at each other like, "is he serious?"
After a couple of minutes chatting, we discover that he's a Senior Airmen in the Air Force, just got back from deployment a week ago, and walked out of his friend's house because of a dispute over a girl. I get info about his squadron and call them explaining the situation we are so unexpectedly faced with. The Sergeant proceeds to give us the number to a local cab company so this kid can get home.
We call the cab company and was told that it'll be there in 10-30 minutes. It's cold outside so I give the kid my jacket and meanwhile he's apologizing to us for interfering with our daily routine. Tricia's kids and my kids are calling asking us where we are, if we're okay, and letting us know that their morning tasks are done. I call Brad to give him the low down of what's going on. All this while waiting for the cab company which still is a no-show. Finally, we call the company and the first driver never called in so they were sending another one.
After 2 hours of waiting around, the 2nd cab guy called and wasn't even anywhere near us. He was all the way on Pecos and Tropicana. We finally decided to take the kid ourselves to his place which was a total of 10 minutes.
Finally, Tricia brought me home and tried to help get my cars started (Brad text that the battery was dead in the Civic and I could rehook the cables to the battery in the Rodeo). After moving bikes and squeezing through all the crap in the garage, it was a total bust.
It was the most unexpected, interesting, and frustrating walk I've ever had. For our reward in our good deed, Tricia and I are going to enjoy lunch at Cafe Rio. After this morning, we definitely deserve it!
2016
10 years ago
2 comments:
Lindsey and I don't have anything excited happen on our walks...maybe one day.
Yeah, like Hannah said we don't ever run into drunk men on our walks-what gives?!
Post a Comment